Strange Things Will Happen

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Back home at last

It's pretty amazing to be back home. I can't believe I had four months abroad; it's something that I've only ever dreamed about, and it actually happened to me. I am extraordinarily grateful for all of the help that I've received to make my semester possible -- my family, friends, advisors, the University of Louisville, Diversity Abroad, and the Gilman International Scholarship Program. Without all of these sources of encouragement and scholarship, I couldn't have had the experience of a lifetime. For this, I thank you.

My plans for this summer will be finding a position to use the Russian language in the medical field, thereby continuing to use my nursing knowledge. Come fall, I will speak at a study abroad fair, highlighting key moments of my experiences and passing on any advice that might be helpful to future study abroad students. I hope that you, as my readers, will continue to check back here once in a while for updates and information -- please feel free to email me and ask questions at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment